What are we really doing in yoga? How does it nourish us? And how do we translate our felt sense into an accessible class structure?
If you’ve ever pondered any of these questions, then join us for the Immersion course and enjoy a deep dive into our yoga practice and teaching.
Together, we’ll look at how our practice evolves and connects as we explore our felt sense and the role our bodies play in becoming more physically and psychologically integrated.
During this course you will:
- Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and structural relationships
- Explore fascia and biotensegrity and how they effect us in yoga
- Discover why we need the opposing forces of compression and tension and how they work together to create harmony
- Develop approaches to unwind the fascial web
- Develop fresh subtle approaches to adjusting / assisting your students
- Refresh and reinvigorate your own personal practice and teaching
- Have fun!
Suitable for teachers, trainee teachers and serious students who would like to unpick their yoga and delve into their practice and teaching.
This is a three weekend immersion and bookings are for all three weekends. Bookings for a single weekend cannot be accepted.
Dates of the three weekends are:
- 26th and 27th September 2020
- 31st October and 1st November 2020
- 5th and 6th December 2020
The cost of the course is £600 and is booked with a £150 non-refundable deposit followed by the balance of £450 payable six weeks before the course start. Bookings for this course will open in January 2020.
Catherine Annis is well known for her imaginative and practical approach to yoga. In 2017, she founded Intelligent Yoga Teacher training, a 300 hour BWY accredited training with Peter Blackaby and Gary Carter, and taught the Triyoga teacher training for over 6 years.
Originally a professional dancer, Catherine discovered yoga as a teenager, and has been practicing since the 1970s. Having explored Sivananda, Iyengar, Ashtanga and various forms of Hatha yoga, she eventually gravitated to the teachings of Vanda Scaravelli. An attentive and thoughtful teacher, Catherine is highly skilled at adapting poses to accommodate all levels and types of students, so that everyone leaves class feeling that they have made a fresh discovery about their yoga practice. For more information on Catherine, please visit her website: www.catherineannisyoga.co.uk
Workshops booking and refunds policy
All workshops should be booked as explained in each of the workshop descriptions above.