The White Horse Yoga Centre will be offering a three day yoga summer school in August 2019 for experienced yoga practitioners and yoga teachers. This will not be suitable for beginners. The summer immersion will be led by Debby and David Wilkinson and will include influences from the Scaravelli yoga and Viniyoga traditions.
During this three day summer immersion we will explore some of the deeper aspects of yoga in a balance of discussion and practice. The three days will allow us to immerse ourselves in yoga to an extent that isn’t possible in weekly classes.
Each day will run from 10:00am to 4:30pm with a short break in the morning and afternoon, and an hour break for lunch and getting to know each other. Tea and coffee will be available, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
- We will look at somatic enquiry in asana,
- We will look at the underlying philosophy of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali and how this can be explored experientially rather than just theoretically,
- We will explore the integration of conscious breathing in asana and in seated pranayama,
- We will learn and practice some vedic chanting and explore the gayatri mantra from both a bhakti (kirtan) yoga and a vedic chanting perspective,
- We will experience and explore forms meditation.
The cost for the three days is £300. A couple of places are available at concessionary prices for students, those on benefits or a low wage, please ring us to discuss. Full payment is due on booking. If you subsequently cancel on or before 22nd July 2019 you will get a refund of your payment less a £50 cancellation fee. No refund will be given after that date unless your place is resold.
We are currently taking bookings for the 3 days and will open bookings for those wanting to come along for single days at the end of July.
NOTE: We are now taking bookings for people wanting to join for one or two days. The costs is £100 per day.
For more information or to book a place on this summer school please contact Debby or David at email@example.com or ring 01380 816844.