This class is suitable for postnatal women (from 6 weeks after birth) and also for pregnant women from 12 weeks onwards. The class includes breathing practices, gentle yoga postures and relaxation all of which are beneficial to women during pregnancy and after their babies have been born. The aim for these classes is for you to have an enjoyable and relaxing time, whilst also improving your physical and emotional well-being. A time for you away from the stresses and strains of day-to-day life.
Research shows that the benefits of yoga include:
- Reduced backache
- Improve quality of sleep
- Strengthened joints and muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Increased blood circulation
- Reduced swelling from fluid retention
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Strengthen the abdominal and pelvic muscles
- Improved digestive system
For pregnant women there is also an exclusive Pregnancy Yoga class on a Wednesday evening from 6.45pm-8.00pm.